6 replies to this topic

#1 exsponies

exsponies

3 Year Old

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:30 AM

With expert speakers, great examples, one of the best tack sales in the nation and what should be some great ponies running through the sale. Why wouldn't you take the time to come? If you are looking to start off in the moderns or have been showing for many years and just need to refresh some training techniques, you can learn a lot from speakers like Dr. Raun, Gib Marcucci, Darrel Kolkman and many more. Now, most of the things they will be talking about will be based on the Hackney ponies but almost all of it can be transferred over to the Shetland breeds and Miniatures.

There is always some great tack on the sale. You can pick up some great work & show harnesses, horse shoes, work & show carts, and much more tack. I've bought a real nice road cart and a viceroy from past sales that I use in the show ring for great prices.

As for the pony sale. There has been some great ponies ran threw the sale in the past and have gone for good prices. Many top Hackney & Shetland breeders have sold & bought their show stock on the Midwest Hackney sales. With the ASPR division growing, this will be a great opportunity to buy a great show pony to show in the ASPR classes at Congress & other shows.

If you haven't heard about the sale or haven't received your Journal yet, it will be held at the Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield Illinois on May 1st & 2nd. For any info call or email Mike Herron. He should be able to tell you what ever you need to know.
Jason Prince
Excaliber Training Stables
Hescher Il.
"Where Kings & Queens Are Born From Legends"

#2 kaykay

kaykay

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 14,392 posts
  • Interests:horses, horses, horses!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:50 AM

Wonder if I could sneak down there. Sounds awesome. Im going to be updating the main site and I will put this on the pony news page

Do a virtual tour of our farm! www.baxterspaintedpasture.com
Home of Ten L's Tigers Back In Black ASPC/AMHR Black Tobiano Stallion
Wauk A Way Feature Attraction ASPC Black Visual Frame Overo Foundation Stallion

#3 muffntuf

muffntuf

3 Year Old

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,506 posts
  • Interests:Shetland Ponies
    ASPR Ponies
    Miniature Horses
    Promoting Small Equine

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:00 PM

I am going to try to go. I have been waiting for a good clinic and Midwest has surely set up some great speakers! I have Dr. Raun's tape and love it!

Anyone from MN or WI wanna ride and hotel share? I am not looking to take a trailer myself.

Visit Us At Triangle Acres

2010 National Triple A High Point Amateur - ASPR Halter
2010 Area VI ASPC High Point Amateur

Home of:

ASPC:
Big N Rich FMF
Thistle Ridge BP Silhouette
Triangle Acres Satin Silhouette (2005)
Odyssey's Holli By Golly - 2010 ASPC Congress Reserve Jr. Champion Modern Pleasure
Triangle Acres Standing Ovation (2006) (2008 Top 5 Amateur & Top 10 Open Classic Mare 41"-44.5")
I Like to Move It Move It TAP Modern Pleasure Hall of Fame 2011
BigNRich Fortune (2008, Cowboy X Silhouette)
Guilty Pleasures TAP
I'm Justa Honey TAP
Thistle Ridge R Vista Shiner
BigNRich I Wanna Kiss Da GirlZ (2010 Congress Top 5 Classic Yearling Stallion)

AMHR:
Sue's Lil' Laptop Angel
Daddy's Little Dividend TAP

ASPR:
Peddler's Carnation
Tulip (2008/2009 Congress Reserve Champion ASPR Mare 2 YR Old & Under)
Lady Slipper (2009 Congress Top 3 ASPR Mare 2 Yr Old & Under)
Synergy TAP 2010 Congress ASPR  Reserve Grand Champion  Stallion - 2011 APSR Halter Hall of Fame

'Posted

#4 Lmequine

Lmequine

3 Year Old

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

I would love to come to it but I think that will be about prime time for the mares to foal around here. I will have to check due dates though and double check.

About how many head do they sale and will there be an online catalog? NOT that I need anything else but I sure would not drive all of the way to IL without a horse trailer! biggrin.gif
Leah Johnson
Quitman, TX
Lmequine@peoplescom.net

#5 dmk

dmk

3 Year Old

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:28 PM

Leah if you go I will go with you. I might go regardless, but would like to have company. I am going to talk to Diane as well. This would be great for her.
Michelle Koster
Comanche, TX
JoMiKo Farms
“Great discoveries and improvements invariably involve the cooperation of many minds. I may be given credit for having blazed the trail, but when I look at the subsequent developments I feel the credit is due to others rather than to myself.” ~Alexander Graham Bell

#6 exsponies

exsponies

3 Year Old

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

I don't know how many are consigned to the sale yet. I was on the website today, and there was only a couple of Hackney listed so far. But there is always some real nice ones that will end up on the website. The closing date is April 1st. The website is, www.midwesthackney.com. Again, I would encourage anybody wanting to learn more about moderns, to attend. Even if you're not a modern showman or breeder, you can still learn a lot that can be transferred over to the classics and minis.
Jason Prince
Excaliber Training Stables
Hescher Il.
"Where Kings & Queens Are Born From Legends"

#7 Lmequine

Lmequine

3 Year Old

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

Thanks for posting the website. I will keep an eye on it.

Michelle, I have one of my AR clients interested in going so will see what works out. My luck Mark will not be here and I will need to stay to babysit foaling mares! It does sound like a great clinic and of course I would love seeing all of the stuff for sale and the ponies for sale too. It at least falls on a NON pony show weekend for me.
Leah Johnson
Quitman, TX
Lmequine@peoplescom.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com